Gifts That Make an Impact Now
Learn how you can make an immediate impact on our work to educate seminarians, provide retirement and healthcare for clergy who have faithfully served their community, subsidize the education of students in the 15 Catholic schools in our diocese, offer youth ministries, and support evangelization and communications efforts.
Recommend a grant now from your donor-advised fund
You can now initiate a grant recommendation from your donor-advised fund, or DAF, using the link below. Simply start typing in your fund provider name and the system will prompt you through the process.
Qualified Charitable Distribution
You can transfer funds from your IRA directly to Catholic Foundation for Diocese of Salina. This is a great way to make an immediate impact and serve others through the Word of God. Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70 ½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
- An individual may take a one-time QCD up to $50,000 to fund a charitable gift annuity (CGA) or charitable remainder trust (CRT).
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to Catholic Foundation for Diocese of Salina.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to Catholic Foundation for Diocese of Salina so it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
- If you are 73 and older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution from your IRA.
If you’re interested in this popular way to support the Foundation, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.
Memorial or Tribute Gift
When you give a memorial or tribute gift for Catholic Foundation for Diocese of Salina to honor someone special, you’re expressing your love, admiration, and gratitude in one of the most meaningful ways there is. Your gift will honor your loved one, create a lasting tribute, and spread faith.
Gifts of Securities
A donation of cash is the most direct way to support Catholic Foundation for Diocese of Salina. You benefit from a charitable tax credit while taking positive action to educate seminarians, care for retired clergy who have served faithfully, provide Catholic education, and support our communities. You can make your gift online with our Donate Now form or by sending a check or money order by mail to:
Catholic Foundation for Diocese of Salina
103 North Ninth Street
Salina, KS 67401-2503
If you’re sending a check or money order, please let us know if you would like your gift to be used for a specific purpose.